Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Back to Work... :(

Well it was back to work this week for me. Bummer. SO sad that I had to come back, but happy to have my career, which I do like...thank goodness! It was difficult to leave Gavin, but I know I am working for him and his future, so that helps. I was a big girl and didn't cry. I appreciate all of the time that I had off work...19 weeks total (paid). I could have taken a month more of the FMLA, but it was unpaid time so we decided that it was better to go back to work. And the best part about it was that when we got out taxes done, we didn't even have to claim or pay taxes on the disability pay! And we also got the $1,000 child tax credit for having Gavin! I think we actually made money by having a baby this year!

So I am pumping at work, twice a day, and it is the biggest pain in the butt ever! I spend both of my breaks pumping away. They have a "pumping room" at my work, but there are 5 women using it right now, so we have to schedule times to use the room and make sure we are prompt. This is very hard to do with my position since I have tons of meetings that go late and are planned at random times. I am doing good so far, but geez. I wanted to pump while I am driving to and from work (I have the car lighter electric plug and a hands free pump bra), but I haven't tried it yet. It would save time though, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment